Anginator

Sunday, August 12, 2007

What's worse, they paid somebody for that advice...

Mike's comment on my previous post reminded me of this:

For many years now, I've been a devotee of Cottonelle toilet paper. I mean, I won't even consider another brand. A couple days ago I picked up a new 12-pack and noticed that Cottonelle has redesigned packaging. Featuring puppies and fluffy blankets. WTF? Who thinks up this stuff? This is supposed to attract me as a comsumer to this product? Puppies have nothing to do with toilet paper! (I'd argue that the fact that puppies don't use toilet paper is a perfectly good reason not to have puppies around, but I digress.) And check out out the website. It features stoopid puppy stuff like puppy computer wallpaper and puppy coloring book pages over their actual PRODUCTS! If I had Cottonelle stock, I'd sell it all immediately. Well, except I will keep buying their toilet paper.

4 Comments:

  • ang, i will only buy cottonelle as well. i do not have a problem with puppies, in fact i like them. what i really can't stand is the commercials for charmin where the bears are taking a shit in the woods and the momma bear tells the baby bear that he doesn't need so much toilet paper to wipe his ass because charmin sheets are extra strong or whatever. there are so many things wrong with those commercials, i don't know where to begin. i also hate the commercials with the stupid quilting ladies. they are sexist. and finally, i hate cheap toilet paper. that leaves me with cottonelle. ** this rant is entirely serious! **

    By Blogger Dr Em, At 3:26 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger sakamaho, At 7:48 PM  

  • What about those stupid ass babies in tires. It's no different than puppies in toilet paper. Unless you're selling diapers and poop bags, keep babies and puppies, respectively out of ads. Or that lady who takes pictures of baby heads in flowers and shit. That creeps me out as much as the weinereimers dressed as American Gothic.

    But for some reason dogs playing poker is cool.

    By Blogger MDRA Coaches, At 10:42 PM  

  • dagnubbit! Stoopid google/blogger and their stupid idea that keeping you logged onto blogger after you've logged of the internet is a good idea.

    That last comment was from me. I have a second identity "mdracoaches" for a different blog. And unless I actually log out of blogger and back in under my usual account, blogger will for ever list me as mdracoaches. So get used to that mistake happening for awhile.

    By Blogger Rocco, At 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home