Anginator

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Believe it.

Recently, my friend Maureen started a new blog. This is important for two reasons. First, it necessitated me updating my blog so I could add a link to her blog (see right). Second, it made me fully realize a horrible blogging mistake I made.

See, I originally thought that if this blog had to be about something, I was in big trouble. It turned out that because it wasn't about anything, I was in big trouble. I rarely found inspiration. Maureen's blog has an awesome theme: she writes about new things she tries. Anything new counts. (Apparently not new things also count, so long as you make special note of their not-newness.) This seems to me to be a nearly endless supply of blogging inspiration.

So I talked it over with Maureen and Emily (she of my original blogging instruction) and we came up with the following plan. Starting now, my blog is about my hobbies. We further determined my hobbies are as follows:

- sports
- watching tv
- dining
- gardening
- traveling

Maureen's a little annoyed that watching tv is one of my hobbies. But too bad, because it's true.

Frequently I get to combine my hobbies. Like right now, I'm watching sports on tv (MLB All Star Game). It's also common for me to watch tv about dining and gardening via Food Network and HGTV. It now occurs to me that I never watch the travel channel though. Huh.

Anyway, I'm back. And now I have lots to write about. Stay tuned!

7 Comments:

  • Maybe you can start by giving a commentary on how stupid Bret Favre is? ;) I'm excited for some Olympic blogging as well! Hooray!

    By Blogger sakamaho, At 8:40 AM  

  • So far I'm not believing it.

    By Blogger sakamaho, At 7:55 PM  

  • Welcome back to blogging. Maybe I should get started again.

    Watching TV is a mighty fine hobby, by the way. Outside of crack, getting drunk before noon, or anything else self-destructive, I can't think of a bad hobby (of course there are some, like mosiacs that are not for me). Any hobby makes you happy and brings fullfillment, then it is a good one.

    Maybe you can make blogging on a quarterly basis another hobby. Does sarcasm count as a hobby?

    By Blogger Rocco, At 3:45 PM  

  • does it have to make you happy AND bring fullfillment, or can that be an OR?

    By Blogger Anginator, At 3:25 PM  

  • I enjoy watching TV as well, and would include it as a hobby right up there with eating. I'm being serious. For reals.

    By Blogger Dr Em, At 9:52 PM  

  • i will concede that watching tv is a good hobby when the olympics are on! can't wait to watch on your big screen tv.

    By Blogger Maureen, At 4:40 PM  

  • I hate TV. Mainly because of advertisements but mostly because there's never what i want to watch when i want to watch it. I do love traveling though. I know its hard to think about things to write about when you're writing about everything. Its a lot easier to get inspired when you have a few specific subjects! So i hope you find it easier to get inspired now!

    All the best,
    Gretchen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home